Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive taken the hawk needles apart loads of times and I bought a grip to see if my rotarys work with them. I found you have to give it a little start under 10v on my g7, but if you take it apart and use a scalpul to take some of the rubber out in small strips it than has less tension and you dont have to ping the bar to get it going. I'll post a pic so you can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    I saw Timothy Boor using both with his Spektra Halo. I also have a little video that I will post soon of him tattooing.Like with any rotary with give, if you use Hawk needles you will have to close the give to "none" since the spring of the Hawk needle has too much tension, therefore overpowering the resistance spring.I've heard that the T-Techs work better.In the end if you close the give you will be good with both.But quoted from Tim's words after tattooing the whole weekend at Tattoo La Palooza with Spektra: "I can't wait to go back to my regular needles and tubes"

2. Thanks asA thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    Attachment 11747 did this with my spektra 2.8mm and Cheyenne cartridges. Really swollen and wonky this is tiny and in the ditch of her arm.
    That is dope. A buddy of mine says he likes the performance of the cartdrige system better on the Spektra than his Hawk. I just purchase a tube and I'm still waiting to receive it to test out and see what the hype is about.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    well ive just ordered my 3rd Spektra because i love these machines...One thing i found with my dragonflys and stigmas was that the give adjustment wasnt really worth bothering with!...but with the spektra im using the give and it works so well, dont ask me why? but it works amazing!

5. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1- Overal look - I would say this rotary defines the next gen of upcoming machines or at least it should :-)
    2- Weight - lightest machine I have but well balanced
    3- Performance, lining, shading coloring. - I have used it for most functions Ive been pretty happy with it so far but im pretty sure i havent found my sweet spot for it yet, i use the cx-2 power supply tatsoul and rose city steel needles, i can line or shade with no issues but im not as comfortable with this machine yet as say my mini crankers. The learning curve for it is pretty wide i gather seeing as its a machine with adjustable give, it did take me a bit to get used to my Nedz mr01s but once I got those down you have incredible range. Maybe people can post there voltages, and what supplys they use? :-)
    4- MotorBolt system with 1/4 turn lock and release. - Pretty fancy and innovative, i like having the main parts seperated it makes more sense to me have seperate components its easier to maintain and get familiar with the machine this way
    5- Capability of the machine to be spray directly with desinfectante or autcoclaved. - This is a deffinate plus, i did just move to an all disposable shop but its nice to have a machine body that is buildt tough
    6- Aithing else you may want to say about the machine. - I want moar!
    7- Customer Service and anything we could to better assist you. - Top notch experience for me, the forum discount was awesome, maybe they can have forum specials every now and then ;-) wink wink

Thank
    Gaston[/QUOTE]

7. Like MrNate liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it does have a bit of a learning curve. I found that it works best for me completely tightened down.....at least for packing and shading. I lined with a touch of give though.
    Last edited by clint morrison; 07-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    same here. took me a few minutes to figure out but its like with anything else, gotta find your sweet spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    well ive just ordered my 3rd Spektra because i love these machines...One thing i found with my dragonflys and stigmas was that the give adjustment wasnt really worth bothering with!...but with the spektra im using the give and it works so well, dont ask me why? but it works amazing!
    Man you are going to need to go to Spektra rehab! Hahahaha The give of spektra is not a piston like other machines instead it slides back and for in a polish stainless steel rail, giving the motion a more accurate feel. Enjoy your 3 Spektras.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    1- Overal look - I would say this rotary defines the next gen of upcoming machines or at least it should :-)
    2- Weight - lightest machine I have but well balanced
    3- Performance, lining, shading coloring. - I have used it for most functions Ive been pretty happy with it so far but im pretty sure i havent found my sweet spot for it yet, i use the cx-2 power supply tatsoul and rose city steel needles, i can line or shade with no issues but im not as comfortable with this machine yet as say my mini crankers. The learning curve for it is pretty wide i gather seeing as its a machine with adjustable give, it did take me a bit to get used to my Nedz mr01s but once I got those down you have incredible range. Maybe people can post there voltages, and what supplys they use? :-)
    4- MotorBolt system with 1/4 turn lock and release. - Pretty fancy and innovative, i like having the main parts seperated it makes more sense to me have seperate components its easier to maintain and get familiar with the machine this way
    5- Capability of the machine to be spray directly with desinfectante or autcoclaved. - This is a deffinate plus, i did just move to an all disposable shop but its nice to have a machine body that is buildt tough
    6- Aithing else you may want to say about the machine. - I want moar!
    7- Customer Service and anything we could to better assist you. - Top notch experience for me, the forum discount was awesome, maybe they can have forum specials every now and then ;-) wink wink

Thank
    Gaston
    [/QUOTE]
    Thank you so much for your feedback man!. I'm glad our two years of development are paying off in hands of artists like you.
    Regarding lining, I've realized that the 3.6 and 4.0mm are the best at it. It works better for me when the machine has just a bit of give, that's when you get more force in your down motion. The Spektra strikes harder when it comes out than when it retracts, this is what took us the longest to achieve. So unlike most rotaries that will liner better with no give, I recommend adding a bit of give. Regarding voltage you can go anywhere from 7.5 to 11 volts. Anything higher than that seem like too much for me. I usually line around 8 volts with a tight 7L, 9 Volts with a 7L regular and around 10-10.5volts with anything larger. I've never used anything bigger than a 9 liner. I've heard someone in here outlined a big piece with ease with a 13-14 round at 11 volts. That is great news

Quote Originally Posted by clint morrison View Post
    I think it does have a bit of a learning curve. I found that it works best for me completely tightened down.....at least for packing and shading. I lined with a touch of give though.
    Especially if you are used to heavier machines, it takes practice to find your sweet spot with the Spektra. Once you find your sweet spot the sky is the limit.

Thank you for all the people that help me throughout the development (especially my co-workers that had to deal with all the stress of making this happen), to all those that waited and waited. Thank you for the unstoppable support. I honestly felt like quitting a few times, this has been one of the hardest machine project ever for me. We've learned a lot with FK Irons and the Halo, our next machines can just keep getting better.

Gaston

11. Thanks thesmokingmirror thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    it only took me about 15 minutes to get the feel for this machine and i have never used a power supply with digital readouts (Eikon Es 200) had this thing for ages hasent let me down yet, just do it by feel and sound like i've always done.
    Last edited by tattoosbyjamison; 07-07-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    About the only thing I can gripe about so far is that I can't grip the vise thumbnut through a barrier bag, and that the bag can easily contact the piston adjuster knob. So Gaston you only score a 99% with this one lol. Seriously though, these are such awesome machines I want more!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    About the only thing I can gripe about so far is that I can't grip the vise thumbnut through a barrier bag, and that the bag can easily contact the piston adjuster knob. So Gaston you only score a 99% with this one lol. Seriously though, these are such awesome machines I want more!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...
    Damn... hahah. Don't need to bag it, you can desinfect it after every tattoo