View Poll Results: Would you want a "non Adjustable" Halo?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

36 60.00%
  • Maybe.

3 5.00%
  • No, I rather have the give option

21 35.00%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will the no give slide fit the first batch of halos I have two one I got when you had your rotary forums support sale and another I got in trade that is one of the very first where u engraved /signed the front of them I recently purchased some replacement sliders etc spent 250 bucks with the extra motor bolt I ordered and a few months later when I went to drop in one of the new slides into my machine it did not fit in either way the slides were changed a bit and I noticed grooves cut into them at the top and bottom, your receptionist kayleigh worked it all out for me and is digging up some old style slides to send me but I was a bit upset my first two machines are now sorta obsolete to the new designs and I'm assuming this no give slider will be the same so what are all of us early adopters out of luck? Or will u be making some to fit your first models as well? I really think you should make a stainless steel halo to kill vibration issues over 9 volts and maybe fix the issue with the give knob turning on its own I love my halos and use them everyday but I think on a 550 dollar machine it sucks to only be able to use it in the 7.5-9v range sometimes I like higher volts to line with, even just using a stainless steel vice piece and knob might help and then you don't have to produce a whole stainless machine even though I'm sure it would be awesome. As for a halo lite, are u guys crazy.... I think the halo is light enough as is and so light that it does have a bit of a vibration issue so why would you want even lighter like its lighter then most rotarys as is. As for the motorbolt keep it removable please because I have one motorbolt that cuts out a little and I'm meaning to send it in for service , I like the idea of not having to send in my entire machine for repair and being without my daily driver for a few weeks, so nice to just send the one bad motor in and just keep using my one good one for both ....
    Last edited by joelhague; 03-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll make a better video tomorrow. But that was a quick one and to find silence here is nearly impossible.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Will the no give slide fit the first batch of halos I have two one I got when you had your rotary forums support sale and another I got in trade that is one of the very first where u engraved /signed the front of them I recently purchased some replacement sliders etc spent 250 bucks with the extra motor bolt I ordered and a few months later when I went to drop in one of the new slides into my machine it did not fit in either way the slides were changed a bit and I noticed grooves cut into them at the top and bottom, your receptionist kayleigh worked it all out for me and is digging up some old style slides to send me but I was a bit upset my first two machines are now sorta obsolete to the new designs and I'm assuming this no give slider will be the same so what are all of us early adopters out of luck? Or will u be making some to fit your first models as well? I really think you should make a stainless steel halo to kill vibration issues over 9 volts and maybe fix the issue with the give knob turning on its own I love my halos and use them everyday but I think on a 550 dollar machine it sucks to only be able to use it in the 7.5-9v range sometimes I like higher volts to line with, even just using a stainless steel vice piece and knob might help and then uoi
    Hey man the slider fits all the halos, including the very first ones that were signed.
    However sliders need to be fit in by us because we make them a bit bigger to make sure they feel tight.
    The first machines are the same as the ones that are not signed. The only difference was the rubber band horns.
    Other than that nothing has been changed.

The new groves are to help with lubrication and fit.
    If you want I can refit them at no additional cost.

The Spektra with a well fit slider doesn't vibrate more than any other rotary out there.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And don't get me wrong the vibrations /needle lift and wobble are not a huge issue it just happens over 9 volts more easily, I am just comparing it to a machine like my mini crankers where I can set them on any voltage I please without a problem, and I think it all comes down to material used and weight of the machine Dan doesn't use maxon motors he uses a 20 dollar one so how can this have less vibration then a maxon motor it probably doesn't but its surrounded by a vibration absorbing body! As for the knob moving I used a bit of teflon tape to correct the issue bit maybe on future designs the give knob should have some sort of built in teflon like thing on the threads not just plastic on plastic give it a little something to bite into I'm not sure what my hyper v3 used when I had it but it never moved on its own

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to put the slider in while I was on the phone with kayleight and I really had to force it and was barley able to pull it back out... I had to bite onto it with my teeth and yank it out lmao I didn't wanna use a real tool as that probably really would have fucked it but super lube in the mouth isn't so fun either, I really don't see how the slider would fit into the very first halo from my testing experience maybe I need some personal guidance from you but I also really don't want to ship in my two machines and be without them either .... seems silly to have to pay 30-50 bucks and a 2-3 week wait anytime I have an issue I know its a fast turn around for any machine builder but it really sucks being without ur favorite tools

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't take any of my comments the wrong way I love your machines and have always had extremely awesome customer service from you guys just trying to give my personal input for future design purpose to benefit us all

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see a difference in the rubber band hooks on the two I have are the new ones bigger? So u guys have to for the sliders in what does that mean for us with the whole tool free break down cleave the machine body etc do the new models not come apart like that? When I put that slider in like I said it was super tight and very difficult to pull back out when it only got halfway in? Sorry for the 4 posts in a row guys I'm on mobile

I just don't think I should have even been sold these sliders charged shipping etc if it was known that you guys have to fit them in? ?? And now my option os to pay more shipping to send them in to be fitted I know you said you would do it at no cost but I mean honestly if I knew this was the case in the first place the machines should have just been sent in at the start...
    Last edited by joelhague; 03-14-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    I don't see a difference in the rubber band hooks on the two I have are the new ones bigger? So u guys have to for the sliders in what does that mean for us with the whole tool free break down cleave the machine body etc do the new models not come apart like that? When I put that slider in like I said it was super tight and very difficult to pull back out when it only got halfway in? Sorry for the 4 posts in a row guys I'm on mobile

I just don't think I should have even been sold these sliders charged shipping etc if it was known that you guys have to fit them in? ??
    Joel email me and we'll sort it out pal. I can def explain to you how we do it so you can do it yourself, but fitting sliders it's a science on its own
    PS: For a moment after reading yours posts, I thought you lost it and started to have a conversation with yourself

The sliders are not for sale on the site. If I am not mistaken you insisted that we sell them to you to fit yourself. But anyway email me regarding customer service inquiries so we can take care of you and go back to the topic. Thanks
    Last edited by fkirons; 03-14-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    back on the computer,

ya i just asked if they were available for sale as i hate having downtime being without my machines in the mail for a few weeks at a time as i only own 2 at the moment and anything i can do myself i really prefer to, coming from a coil background and being taught to do every repair yourself, especially since sometimes machine builders screw up to steps taken or small pieces are missing. its always just been logical to me to service my rotarys myself most are easier to work on then a coil in my eyes atleast. what is your email? id appreciate being able to fit them myself and see if i can notice this reduction in vibration or smoothness from the older style slider that im currently using.

and to answer your question on the non adjustable halo

1.i would buy the internal parts to try out for fun and support fk but would probably not buy an entire machine just for that option , its taking away verstaility , and when im buying anything be it a rotary machine ,a new tv , if im spending 500 bucks on something i always take the 50 dollar upgrade... i mean your already spending 500 whats another 50....

2.i think a no give fixed motorbolt machine at 300-350 would sell. directly competing with neotat bishop impact etc. for that class of machines. but really i think alot of tattooists like the new hottest best thing, thats what we all want to drop our cash on. not something thats been done over and over.

3.i would like to see a fixed give slide before a no give i like the idea others have had but hasnt really been put out there too much yet of having a few different fixed give soft med hard slides, this would go great with the tool free assembly of the halo easy to pop in and out under 5 minutes , personally i like my machines to run the same way 24/7 thats what i love about rotary , never second guessing your tools , letting your artwork come out on autopilot. fixed give does this for me, i am a tinkerer and i hate it and fixed give helps me stay in the zone. that is why there is a paint pen dot on my halos give knob, so i know it has not changed.

3.someone brought up the point of a different low v motorbolt, i think it would be an AWESOME idea to have different motor choices for people and just furthers the versatility even more, and would be easy to implement.

4.i LOVE the idea of being able to upgrade my machines(especially on my end),. i seriously hate when i drop a bunch of cash on something and then they have a new model with slight changes every 3-6 months... being able to upgrade to new slides or faster lower v motors, all with my current machine would just give me more reason to keep purchasing halo machines. and then the thought of being able to take my motor and use it on your next machine the vorteks , pure genius! that is how you create life customers!

lastly that was long, please dont forget to send me your email address Gaston i dont have it, or shoot me a message on facebook pretty sure we have each other on there

thanks

5. stainless halo bodys
    Last edited by joelhague; 03-14-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ joelhague, why don't you just PM Gaston on this forum?
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com